Job ID: 384259
Emergency Medical Technician
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Emergency Medical Technician - SPIRIT Ambulance- PRN, Rotating - St. Clare's Hospital- Weston,WI
This is a PRN position which means that there will be no scheduled hours and the candidate will need to pick up at least 2 shifts every month to remain current.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to drive an ambulance to transport ill or injured patients to the appropriate facility.
- Ensures safe transportation of ill or injured patients.
- Maintains ambulance in clean condition and working order. Performs regular routine inspections prior to each shift to ensure safe operation of the vehicle.
- Assists with stocking the ambulance with needed supplies and ensures on-board equipment is in working order.
- Clinical skills within the scope of practice of a licensed EMT.
- Assures safe transport by operating the emergency vehicle as part of a critical care transport team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation credentialed from the National Safety Council OR credentialed from the National Highway Traffic Safety Adminstration (NHTSA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Must have no moving traffic violations for at least one year and no major violations (i.e., hit and run, driving while intoxicated, etc.) for at least three years.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Advanced Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. In lieu of EMT-Basic, EMT-Advanced may be accepted.
- Licensed Basic Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT).
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent and graduate of a state approved EMT-Basic course required
- Experience in the job related field required.
Equal Employment Opportunity