Job ID: 384088
Sterile Processing Supervisor - FT Nights
Regular / Evening
We Are Hiring
We are Hiring
Come lead our Sterile Processing Department as the Sterile Processing Supervisor!
Monday – Friday 9:30pm – 6:00am
Why join Ascension
St. Vincent’s Birmingham is a 400+ bed hospital conveniently located downtown. We are currently undergoing an exciting expansion and renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That’s why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve.
- Power of Purpose: For the associates at St. Vincent’s, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
What You Will Do
As the Sterile Processing Supervisor with St. Vincent's Birmingham, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations of the central sterile supply unit.
- Oversees decontamination, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments using hospital policies and Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) standards.
- Oversees and completes preparation of all case carts as required by following national inventory standards. May include restocking, pulling, managing inventory and verifying accuracy of individual case items.
- Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.
- Provides leadership, orientation, training, coaching, and mentoring to assigned staff. Conducts performance evaluations and disciplinary actions.
- Assures departmental performance follows policies and procedures and guidelines/standards from pertinent regulatory agencies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Central Service Tech credentialed from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT).
- Surgical Tech credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)