Job ID: 384072
Residential Rehab Aide - Adult
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Asst-Pers Care-Adult Foster - Bridgeway - Part-Time, Night - Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus, Neurological Rec System-34023 - Rochester Hills,MI
Position varies - some 3:15pm - 11:15pm, some 11:15pm - 7:30am. Sunday - Saturday. Every other weekend is required. Some holidays are required.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide informal training and direct care to adult foster care group home clients based on person-centered plans, individual needs/requests and daily household operations.
- Supervises, trains, and/or assists clients in accordance with the person-centered plan, including personal care, recreation, and reinforcement of individual habilitation objectives.
- Assures client's personal property and adaptive equipment is clean and in good order including wheelchair, clothing and living space. Plans, schedules and transports clients to work, appointments and community activities.
- Administers and documents routine medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians and/or health care professionals.
- Assists individuals with meal preparation and encourages good nutritional habits and adherence to prescribed diets.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. HeartSaver (CPR or First Aid) or equivalent is acceptable.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Michigan Bureau of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience working with disabled or traumatic brain injury patients preferred. This is a group home setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.