Job ID: 381750
Registered Nurse (RN) ICU - FT Weekend Options
Regular / Weekend Options
We Are Hiring
RN-ICU - Critical Care Unit 001 - Full-Time, Weekend Options - St Vincent's East - Birmingham, AL
WOW 7pm - 7am
Why Join Ascension?
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse (RN) ICU with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.