Job ID: 381731
Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department - Weekend Shift
Regular / Weekend Options
We Are Hiring
Weekend Only Shift - Registered Nurse - Fulltime - Emergency Department at St Vincent's EAST
Why Join our Team:
- Level III Trauma
- Specialty/Critical Care Experiences
- Clinical Education available
- Different shifts available
- Great Benefit options
- Competitive pay
- Sign on bonus opportunities
The Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. We have the second busiest emergency room in the Birmingham area!
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 2-5 years Emergency Room experience preferred but it’s not required
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.