Job ID: 382783
RN Registered Nurse Lead Preceptor - Medical/Surgical Oncology Unit
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
RN - Registered Nurse Lead Preceptor - Oncology Unit - Full-Time, Days- Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus
- Full-time position / 7 am - 7 pm / Every other weekend and holiday rotation. Flexibility to work other shifts, as needed.
Unit: 5 Center - On the 32 bed Oncology Unit, the best practice guidelines are followed to pursue clinical excellence. We provide caring and compassionate team oriented care to our patients. Opportunity to interact with a wide variety of patient types including medical surgical, oncology, observation and hospice.
Seeking a RN with at least 2 years of hospital based patient care experience who has a passion for training and developing fellow staff members. Precepting experience is highly preferred.
- Newly hired RNs will attend a 5-day (8 am - 4:30 pm) orientation session at our Regional Onboarding Center in Warren. Our program blends experiential learning, skills training, and engaging educational content to develop highly competent and confident nurses.
Nursing Professional Development Opportunities:
- Ascension offers university partnerships with various schools. Tuition discounts and scholarships are available to associates who qualify!
- Tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness programs.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
- 2 years of hospital based RN experience is needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.