Job ID: 382622
Registered Nurse (RN) - Patient Navigator
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN-Patient Navigator - Clinical Integration - Full-Time,Day - 40 hours a week
Ascension St. Vincent Evansville Health System - Evansville,IN
Monday - Fridays, Days, Occasional evening and weekend coverage.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. Ascension St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. Ascension St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
Ascension St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Vincent Health System-IN, you will have the opportunity to serve as a patient navigator throughout the continuum of care.
- Functions as a liaison for management staff, administration, physicians, managed care companies, community organizations, and other customers.
- Coordinates efforts for treatment and promotes quality improvement and educational efforts.
- Compiles data, tracks outcomes, and makes recommendations for process improvement.
- Provides referrals/support for follow-up care for patients who are uninsured or underinsured.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). American Red Cross Professional CPR/AED Rescuer accepted during onboarding
- BLS Provider.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Masters degree preferred in five years
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)