Job ID: 382429
Medical Records Assistant - Oncology
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Medical Records Assistant - Oncology - Full-Time, Days - St. Vincent Medical Group Oncology - Newburgh, IN
Monday-Friday, 7:30am - 4:00pm
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Medical Records Assistant with St.Vincent's Health System-IN, you will have the opportunity to perform clerical functions related to filing, retrieval and distribution of documents and medical records in the assigned area.
- Arranges and stores incoming records according to procedure/protocol.
- Finds, researches and answers questions about records and files from authorized users.
- Purges materials according to file maintenance guidelines and/or legal requirements.
- Performs periodic inspections of materials or files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility, and proper condition.
- Releases information from medical records in response to properly authorized requests. Follows all regulations regarding the release of health information whose confidentiality is protected by state and federal laws.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- None Required obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Medical records or medical office experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)