Job ID: 379902
Associate Chaplain - Registry - Rotating
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Associate Chaplain - Mission Services 001 - PRN,Rotating - Presence St Joseph Chicago - Chicago,IL.
Rotating hours would include evenings, weekends, overnights, on-call, holidays, and flexibility to provide back-up chaplain care when possible.
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to provide religious and spiritual care and counsel for emotional and spiritual distress to patients, their families, associates and others with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Assesses, provides, and documents pastoral care to patients, families and staff.
- Provides appropriate pastoral care to the local ministry and community through prayer and blessings.
- Provides consultation to patients, families, and medical staff with ethical decision making and values while making appropriate referrals as needed.
- Assists in planning, organizing, evaluating, and implementing the spiritual program with each local ministry in order to ensure spirituality initiatives are executed properly.
What You Will Need
- * Bachelor's degree required Master's degree in Theology, Religious Studies, Human Behavior or a related field preferred.
- * 1 unit of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by the ACPE required.
- * 2 units of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by the ACPE preferred
- 2 years of healthcare experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.