Job ID: 381766
Unit Secretary- In-House Float Pool- Full-Time Days
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Unit Secretary for our In-House Float Pool (full time days, 7a-7p with rotating weekends). Our In-House Float Pool supports units within Resurrection Medical Center in Northwest Chicago near O’Hare Airport. Resurrection Medical Center is a 354-bed hospital. A comprehensive, modern health care provider with state-of-the-art facilities and services, including an Outpatient Services Center, an expansive Radiology and Imaging Center, and a Professional Office Building.
Why Join AMITA?
Join our mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus through the care we provide our patients and their families. Through our in-house Float Pool unit, you will be able to support our staff in providing quality service and learn every day, while working along a great team. We offer competitive benefits and tuition reimbursement.
What You Will Do
You will have the opportunity to perform basic administrative duties, assist staff, and work along with a diverse interdisciplinary team.
- Greets patients and visitors, answers/screens/routes telephone calls, files, distributes mail and perform other general clerical duties.
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members about patient care according to protocol.
- Provides assistance with programs/software for Physicians/Clinicians through the order entry processes, transfers and discharges.
- Assembles and maintain patients’ charts.
- Coordinates meetings/schedules meetings/rooms with the appropriate person, sends notices as requested. Maintains meeting minutes.
- Enters and maintains timekeeping changes and staff schedules in computer systems.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience with EPIC a plus.
- Experience preferred.
If you like a challenging, fast pace yet fun environment, then this is for you. Apply now!
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.