Job ID: 379950
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Ascension Health is searching for a Finance Manager, with experience in Hospital Healthcare Finance.
Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits / Travel between Kokomo & Carmel
As an associate of the national healthcare system Ascension, you will enjoy a full benefits package that boasts affordable health coverage and generous PTO. In addition, you have opportunity for advancement or relocation throughout your career!
For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to oversee and manage financial planning, policies, procedures and practices.
- Supports development and improvement of data driven decision making and identifies potential impacts on operations, healthcare, human resources and quality of care.
- Contributes to the monitoring of financial performance, conducting organization-wide performance improvement activities, and the maintenance of reasonable and appropriate financial plans and forecasts.
- Provides guidance on expense management, productivity, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and capital planning.
- Works in collaboration with the finance team to ensure coordination for major projects and system initiatives.
- Local travel required
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Master's Degree (MBA) preferred.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Healthcare Finance experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Clinical Operations strongly preferred.
- Strong executive presence preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.