Job ID: 381621
Endoscopic Technician - Woodbridge
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Endoscopic Technician - Staffing Services 013 - Full-Time, Day - Ascension Borgess Hospital - Portage, MI.
Monday - Friday 6:00am - 2:30pm (some variable hours). No weekends, evenings, nights, call or holidays.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to support endoscopic procedures by preparing the equipment, field and managing specimens.
- Prepares patients for procedures by reviewing medical history, appropriately positioning patient and cleaning/shaving/numbing testing sites as appropriate.
- Interprets, describes and reports test results. Recognizes recording errors and artifacts and reacts appropriately.
- Monitors patient prior to, during and after procedures and promptly reports any abnormal findings in patient's condition.
- Prepares and maintains equipment, supplies and lab area.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Previous Endoscopic Technician experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.