Job ID: 376534
Actuarial Services Manager
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Ascension Health is looking for an Actuarial Services Manager, with the ability to problem solve and lead a team.
Full Time / Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As the Actuarial Services Manager, you will be responsible for determining risk and making pricing decisions, while leading and developing direct staff.
- Develops pricing models using mathematical modeling techniques and statistical concepts to determine probability and assess risks.
- Develops forecasts of expense and funding.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of financial management programs that seek to control and minimize risk.
- Presents reports, explaining implications to stakeholders, and advising on risk limitation.
- Communicates annual funding, expense, and other actuarial/financial information.
- Implements department initiatives and ensures goals are met.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluation of staff.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Associate Certification credentialed from the Society of Actuaries obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Society of Actuaries (FSA) is Preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.