Job ID: 378124
Dental Assistant - Dental Residency Clinic
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Dental Assistant - Dental Residency Clinic - Part-Time, Day - Ascension Riverview Medical Offices - Detroit,MI
Hours: Mondays and Thursdays - 8:30am - 4:30pm, Tuesdays - 9:30am - 5:30pm, 3rd Friday of each month - 9:30am - 3:00pm
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to under the supervision of a dentist/orthodontist perform medical and administrative tasks to provide support to patients and dental services staff.
- Assists with performing assessments and treatments.
- Performs diagnostic radiographs. Obtains alginate impressions for diagnostic and/or intra-oral appliances.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient registration; also assembles, decontaminates, sorts, processes and maintains dental instruments utilized throughout the facility.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies in clean working order. Maintains examination areas in a clean, adequately stocked and organized condition.
- Takes on-call. shifts when requested.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Dental Assistant credentialed from the Michigan Board of Dentistry.
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required.
- 6 months+ of Dental Assisting experience in General Dentistry preferred
- Experience with Dentrix software preferred
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.