Job ID: 378595
CRT Certified Respiratory Therapist - PRN
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Certified Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory Care - PRN, Rotating - Ascension Via Christi Hospital - Pittsburg, KS
Variable days/nights. May work weekends, major or minor holidays.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Via Christi is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
What Ascension Via Christi has to offer:
Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Certified Respiratory Therapist with Ascensin Via Christi, you will have the opportunity to provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
- Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition. Perform advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educate the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Assist with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Participate in maintaining departmental inventory levels for supplies and equipment. Process equipment per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Respond to emergency resuscitation team calls.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Kansas Board of Healing Arts .
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.