Job ID: 377841
Hospitalist-Days-St. Vincent Kokomo
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
St. Vincent Kokomo has a need for either a BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine physician to serve as a Hospitalist.
- 7 days on. 7 days off/ 12 hour shifts.
- Competitive compensation for a total of 183 Day and Night Shifts.
- We currently have 6 Full-time Hospitalists: Two cover 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM and one covers 8:00 PM – 8:00 AM.
- The Hospitalist sees a variety of patients and consults for Specialists such as Neuro, Ortho, etc.
- We have an open ICU with 13 beds and an intensivist
St. Vincent Kokomo is a 167-bed acute care facility serving the residents of Kokomo, Ind., Howard County and surrounding communities. Kokomo has a population of 45,000 people and is located 40 minutes north of Indianapolis. In 2013, St. Vincent Kokomo was named as a “Best Place to Work in Indiana” for the seventh consecutive year.
Ranked as one of the nation’s top three physician-friendly states by Medical Economics, Indiana offers some of the country’s lowest malpractice costs, reasonable cost of living, and some of the nation’s top school districts where you and your family can enjoy a hassle-free lifestyle, professional sports, outdoor activities and an outstanding cultural scene.
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to
Provides medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Indiana Medical Licensing Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)