Job ID: 376927
Technologist-Polysomnographic - FT Nights
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Technologist-Polysomnographic - Sleep Lab - Full-Time,Night - Kokomo-1907 W. Sycamore - Kokomo,IN
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity toPerforms basic and advanced diagnostic sleep studies.
- Prepares patient and equipment for ordered testing. Interviews patient to determine sleep disorder issues and to explain testing procedures.
- Performs and documents testing. Monitors patient throughout testing and intervenes as necessary to resolve patient needs or equipment issues.
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information to identify and meet patient-specific needs; scores, interprets and reports results of sleep studies.
- Prepares, calibrates, repairs and maintains equipment required for testing. Determines and reports needed repairs/replacements.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cert Polysomnographic Tech credentialed from the Board of Registered Polysomnograhic Technologists (BRPT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Polysomnographic Tchnlgst credentialed from the Board of Registered Polysomnograhic Technologists (BRPT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Sleep Technician credentialed from the American Board of Sleep Medicine (ABSM) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)