Job ID: 375524
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Sacred Heart – Pensacola is hiring a Interventional Technologist to work Full-Time Days!
We are thankful for our Imaging Team members, as their unique ability to re-assure and comfort patients allows them to take needed images that provide doctors the means to diagnosis, treat, and cure patients. For instance, 12-year-old Chloe watches the movie Enchanted using new Cinemavision goggles during an MRI. This wonderful technology used by our Imaging Team decreases anxiety and reduces the need for sedation; which improves the scan quality, and gives clearer test results and more accurate diagnoses.
As an Interventional Technologist with Sacred Heart Health System-FL, you will have the opportunity to assist with procedures and provides diagnostic aid by conducting organ or body scans on patients.
Why Join Ascension?
Come work for an innovative leader in many areas of healthcare! Since 1915, Sacred
Heart Hospital Pensacola has been highly regarded for its services to the community and
the quality of its healthcare providers.
- We are constantly growing- our brand new Studer Family Children’s Hospital is slated to open in by early May, which will have Siemens scanners which are the only ones in Northwest FL.
- Rated among the top 10% of stroke programs in the USA
- Rated among the top 50 hospitals in the USA for vascular surgery
- Ranked among the top 5% of E.R.s in the USA
- One of 11 centers in FL to provide specialized care to women with high risk pregnancies
- The region’s largest network of primary care physicians
- NW Florida’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- NW Florida's only facility to offer the most advanced non-invasive brain surgery – Leksell Gamma Knife® Perfexio
What You Will Do:
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Able to perform all specialized imaging procedures such as angio, complex vascular and nonvascular interventional and therapeutic procedures, along with assisting the Radiologist/PA.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
What You Will Need:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Florida Radiologic Technology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
About Our Team:
Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Culture of Service: We provide opportunities for Ascension associates to serve in their local communities through our community impact and Medical Missions at Home programs. Just last year, Ascension provided over 1.8 billion dollars in free healthcare to the poor and vulnerable through these initiatives.
Appreciation for Diversity: At Ascension, we recognize that our workforce should reflect the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)