Job ID: 374266
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Join our family of dedicated, highly valued Associates at Ascension St John Hospital, Detroit, MI
***Sign-on Bonus of $7,000 ***
Full time Nights / 40hrs weekly / Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits
Additional Job Details: Full-Time nights (additional 8% shift differential) 12 hours shifts 6pm to 6am; 8 hour shifts 1030pm to 7am, every other weekend, 1 summer and 1 winter holiday.
As a Medical Lab Technologist, you are an integral part of solving mysteries, and illnesses within our Healthcare system. Our lab services help delivers the information needed for our patients most important health decisions! If you have a love of science, math, and being a problem solver, we want you! Med Tech
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Michigan committed to providing care that treats the entire person—body, mind, and spirit—we've been a part of Ascension since 1999. We provide comprehensive prevention, primary care, and advanced treatment programs with more than 125 medical centers and seven hospital locations spanning four counties.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, PTO, Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity toPerforms routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
- Performs, validates, interprets, documents and reports laboratory test results. May collect and process specimens.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Executes and evaluates quality control and quality assurance procedures. Documents and reports as required by regulatory agencies.
- Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipates and maintains required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assists in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staffstatistics/reports.
- Assists in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Any issuing authority accepted. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Any issuing authority accepted. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date. Any issuing authority accepted. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- One or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or post-secondary Canadian diploma or post-secondary Canadian certification with 3 years of experience required
- MLS certification and blood bank experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.