Job ID: 374491
HUC/Care Partner (Union)
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
HUC/Care Partner (Union) - Stepdown Intermediate Care 002 - Full-Time Nights - St. Francis - Milwaukee, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Wheaton Franciscan-WI, you will have the opportunity to assist with basic patient care activities and perform administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area.
- Assists with procedures and/or patient with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and/or transfers/transport.
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members in person, telephone, and/or email. May receive and screen visitors and telephone calls, and handles general inquiries. Files, distributes mail and performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Types various reports and documents for unit staff. Photocopies and distributes and/or files as necessary. May transcribe physicians' orders subject to the approval of a licensed nurse.
- Assists with the maintenance of supplies and equipment. May assist with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Ensures accurate and complete documentation.
- Observes and reports promptly any changes in patient’ behavior and physical status to the RN. Notifies RN promptly of patient
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Nursing Assistant credentialed from the state of Wisconsin, and in Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry with eligibility to work within a hospital setting obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Completion of medical terminology class preferred
- No experience required; experience in the job related field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement