Job ID: 370094
LPN / LVN - Home Health
Vestal, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
LPN / LVN - Home Health - HCS Patient Services 001 - Full-Time Days - LAH Hospice - Vestal, NY
**Sign-On Bonus Eligible Position**
Lourdes At Home has a full-time opening for a compassionate LPN to work with our Homecare patients. Our Homecare Team’s goal is to help each patient live each day to its fullest, enabling them to remain in a familiar and supportive environment surrounded by people they love and possessions they cherish. Come join our team.
Why Join Ascension?
Lourdes, based in Binghamton, New York, is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. The main hospital campus includes medical, surgical and specialty nursing units, an Ambulatory Care Center, Breast Care Center, a Regional Cancer Center and numerous specialty practices. Reaching beyond the main hospital campus, Lourdes has established a network of primary care providers at 12 convenient sites throughout the region; and the Lourdes at Home and Hospice programs which care for patients in their homes and various nursing facilities. Two mobile mammography vans, a dental van and a medical services van deliver health services out into the region, making health care more easily accessible to surrounding communities.
Lourdes is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a LPN with our Lourdes Hospital Homecare Team, you will have the opportunity to provide care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Delivers care to assigned clients and performs direct care in accordance with established plan of care. Delivers safe care at all times that is in line with physician orders, home health policy and established nursing care standards.
- Maintains communication regarding patient progress with physician, supervisor, staff and family members as appropriate to the situation. Reports patient-related observations to supervising RN on a daily basis.
- Complete medication reconciliation and observe patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Provides documentation that follows the established treatment plan, supports coordination of patient care, meets regulatory requirement and assures reimbursement.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Driver’s License credentialed from the New York Bureau of Motor Vehicles obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the New York Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- LPN degree required.
- 1 year medical experience preferred but not required.
- Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable vehicle required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.