Job ID: 374680
Paramedic: Critical Care, Full Time
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Event Medicine - Stems - Ambulance
Saint Thomas Health Services – Nashville, TN
Overnight Critical Care Paramedic: ECMO Transport Team
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension’s Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000 associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to provide basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during air transport.
- Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured patient during interfacility and intrafacility transport under the direction and in collaboration with the transport physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Initiates and implements interventions based on transport team protocols. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provides population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspects, maintains and cares for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Paramedic specializing in Critical Care credentialed from the Tennessee Emergency Medical Services Division obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)