Job ID: 373864
Clinical Informatics Specialist
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Clinical Informatics Specialist - Full-Time,Day - 2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,IN
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to analyzes, manage and communicates health information through clinical information systems and applications.
- Conducts analysis of clinical and organizational needs.
- Identifies, designs and evaluates clinical information systems and applications.
- Recruits clinicians for work groups. Meets with clinicians for competency validation.
- Participates in the development of organizational policies and initiatives related to collecting, managing and communicating clinical information.
- Ensures information systems policies, procedures and technologies comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Designs and delivers training materials to educate users about information technologies.
- Participates in EMR design, build, implementation and training for new providers or practices.
- Acts as an agent of change to help promote organization adoption of EMR and workflow to optimize patient safety and experience.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.