Job ID: 374394
RN Nurse Manager Pediatric Cardiovascular (CVOR) Surgical Services Operating Room
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
RN Nurse Manager – Pediatric Cardiovascular (CVOR) Surgical Services Operating Room
Dell Children's Medical Ctr - Austin,TX
Now Offering OR RN Sign-On Bonuses at Dell Childrens Medical Center of Central Texas!
*Payout based on education, experience and specialty.
Why Join Ascension?
Seton is a regional healthcare network made up of 10 hospitals that includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, the area’s only non-profit mental health hospital and over 100 clinic locations. As a part of Ascension, Seton leverages national resources to improve care on a community level.
Notably, Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas is a world-class pediatric medical center with its own Level I trauma center. Our newest hospital is Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas, which opened in early 2017. We are also very proud that Seton Medical Center Austin was recently named the #1 Ranked Austin Hospital in U.S. News & World Report, and is the region’s largest medical facility.
Seton is changing healthcare for the better. Our system has over 12,000 employees and serves an 11 county population of over 1.8 million people. Together, we gain our power by listening and communicating We gain our power by listening and communicating. We show it by pitching in. We grow it by looking after one another. Seton is an environment of excellence, from our innovative spirit to the impact and influence we bring to Texas.
Giving back to the community – it's the core of what we do. Time and again, our associates tell us how rewarding it is to be a part of Seton's founding mission to deliver the best care possible with dignity and respect for everyone we serve. We call that mission Humancare and it's how our associates make a difference in the lives of people throughout Central Texas communities.
What You Will Do
As a Nurse Manager in Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgical Services with Seton Family of Hospitals-TX, you will have the opportunity to manage activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s). You will manage a combination unit and coordinate expenses, manage the flow and acuity of the unit. Strong communication skills, as you will be presenting on a leadership level. In this role, you will be a major player with the leadership team. Dell Children's is the ONLY Level I Pediatric Trauma Center for a 46-county area in Central Texas. State of the art OR suites and equipment await your expertise including an intraoperative MRI suite.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing .
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with experience required BSN required
- - Master's degree strongly preferred
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
- Pediatric OR experience is strongly preferred
- Adult high level critical care experience is a plus
- Teaching hospital experience is a plus
- Compassionate leadership a plus
**Must have BSN
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.