Job ID: 373691
Patient Care Technician - CNA - Surgical Unit - Per Diem
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
At Saint Agnes, we know where our true value lies. It’s in our history, our culture and our people. You can feel the difference at Saint Agnes. It comes across in how we treat our patients and how we work with each other. It is in the commitment, passion and actions of every single associate who decides to make Saint Agnes home. Including, possibly, YOU!
- Patient Care Technician
- Per Diem (As needed)
- Rotating (both 7A-7:30P and 7P-7:30A shifts)
- Surgical Unit
- NOTE: You must have your high school diploma / GED and be a Certified Nursing Assistant in Maryland to be considered
- More detail below!
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare’s roots in Baltimore go all the way back to 1823. Our culture both then and now is based on a belief that ALL people deserve to be treated with dignity. For generations we have served the beautifully diverse community that is our home with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Today we offer a full range of services through our 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation.
As part of Ascension we are part of a bigger ministry to deliver compassionate personalized care to all, especially those most in need. Ascension is one of the leading non-profit health systems in the United States. In fiscal year 2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
This specific opening is for a Patient Care Technician on our 30-bed surgical unit. This unit primarily serves patients recovering from ortho / spine or bariatric surgeries. We do get some overflow of other surgical patients and a few medical patients. This unit has an extremely strong team with extremely low turnover who are known for working well together.
This is a per deim (as needed) position on rotating shfits. This means that you would need to be able to work both days (7A-7:30P) and nights (7P-7:30A). The position is not benefit eligible.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- At least one year of experience as a PCT / CNA in a healthcare setting is preferred. If a nursing student you must have completed nursing fundamentals and passed your first clinical semester.
- Because this is a per diem position a candidate who already has experience as a PCT in a hospital setting is strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity