Job ID: 373041
Lead Coordinator - Quality & Patient Safety
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Lead Coord-Qual & Patient Sfty - Total Quality Management 004 - Full-Time, Day - Ascension St. Mary's Hospital - Saginaw,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to lead assigned staff in performing tasks in quality, risk and patient safety program activities.
- Leads or coordinates shift operations of assigned activities, resources, and/or associates.
- Serves as a technical or functional resource and performs similar duties with staff.
- Assigns, monitors and reviews progress of work. Monitors and reports compliance with policies and/or procedures.
- Oversees and evaluates orientation and training of assigned associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
What You Will Need
- None Required obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) by the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ)
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Healthcare Management Certified
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Level Degree in clinical area
- Master’s Degree in healthcare field
- 1 year of experience required.
- 5 years’ experience in the healthcare industry with significant experience in clinical operations and/or design/process improvement leadership
- Formal training in Performance Improvement tools (i.e. Lean certified, Green Belt certified)
Equal Employment Opportunity