Job ID: 372004
Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner, Occupational Health
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Physician - Occupational Hlth BHFC - PRN,Rotating - Borgess Medical Ctr - Kalamazoo,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
- Obtains patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provides and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Provides counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Performs preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
- Assesses information and/or symptoms of patient by phone in order to prescribe treatment or refer to appropriate resources.
- Routinely performs diagnostic procedures such as: drawing venous blood, Papanicolaou smears, collecting culture specimens, EKG interpretation, and other procedures commensurate with experience and training.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Licensed Physician Assistant obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office.
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program as of start date This credential is required at start date or job transfer date, however, compliance will be monitored locally by the Medical Staff Office
Work Experience: 1-2 years experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
(HEALTH MINISTRY) participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.