Job ID: 372111
Exercise Physiologist- PRN As Needed
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehabilitation Anc 001 - PRN,Day - WF - All Saints Hosp - Racine,WI
Work Schedule- PRN As Needed, there is no gaurentee of hours.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with All Saints in Racine, you will have the opportunity to
Implements and supervises physical exercise programs for patients.
- Provides patient testing and assessment before and after rehabilitation.
- Plans and teaches exercise therapy for patients utilizing test data, patient status and current medication regimen. Monitors patient's response and revises plan accordingly.
- Recognizes contraindications and abnormal patient responses to exercise. Responds appropriately to all situations including exercise cessation and referral to medical professionals.
- Provides exercise information for patients, peers and the community which may include public speaking and education classes.
- Ensures department equipment is properly maintained, calibrated and functioning correctly. Prepares develops and maintains various files, records, reports; schedules patient appointments as required.
- Provides oversight to department activities in the absence of the manager.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Exercise Physiologist credentialed from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM).
- Bachelors degree required Masters degree preferred
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement