Job ID: 370722
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Ophthalmic Technician - Ascension Eye Institute - Full-Time,Day - Ascension Eye Institue - 34011 - Warren,MI
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform basic patient care and ophthalmic testing procedures as directed by an Ophthalmologist.
- Prepares examination and treatment rooms.
- Obtains patient history, performs basic and routine vision screening examinations, administers eye medications and assists with minor office procedures.
- Reviews the appointment schedule, completes forms, and processes records.
- Cleans and maintains ophthalmic instruments. Maintains and stocks supplies as needed.
- Teaches proper contact lens care to insure proper insertion and removal and proper sanitary conditions.
- Confirms accuracy of contact lens and glasses deliveries and dispenses according to physician direction and patient preference.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Opthalmology.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.