Job ID: 370739
CT Tech - PRN Hours As Needed
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Dell Children's Medical Center, Austin TX
PRN Hours As Needed
THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE...
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist (RT) or Computed Tomography Technologist (CT) credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
* Must also hold a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) License through the Texas Medical Board (TMB) obtained prior to start date if registered through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as: Computed Tomography (CT), Mammography (M), Nuclear Medicine (N), Radiology Technologist (RT), Bone Densitometry (BD), Radiation Therapy (RRT), Cardiac Interventional Radiology (CV), Radiology Assistant (RRA), Vascular Interventional Radiology (VI)
* Must also hold a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) License through the Texas Medical Board (TMB) obtained prior to start date if registered through the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI): Registered Cardiac Electriophysiology Specialist (RCES), Registered Cardias Interventional Specialist (RCIS)
* Must also hold a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) License through the Texas Medical Board (TMB) obtained prior to start date if registered through the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) as any speciatly.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL...
- Operate CT equipment, which produces cross-sectional images of pediatric patients' bones, organs, and tissue that are used to diagnose medical conditions.
- Prepare patients for diagnostic procedures by explaining the process and positioning patients to correctly capture the images requested by a physician.
- Accurately interpret a physician’s scanning instructions, administer contrast materials, prepare and operate the CT scan equipment.
- Work closely with other Imaging Techs and Physicians to provide excellent and promt patient care
- Clean and disinfects patient rooms
- Follow infection control and safety guidelines
- May be required to be on-call.
WHO ARE WE?
Ascension was founded on November 1st 1999 by the union of the Daughters of Charity National Health System, that was based in St. Louis, Missouri, and the Sisters of St. Joseph Health System, that was based in Nazareth (Kalamazoo), Michigan. We're the largest Catholic health system in the world and the largest non-profit health system in the United States, with facilities in 23 states and the District of Columbia. We're a faith-based collaboration of hospitals, medical practices, and innovators that share best practices and the objective of developing healthier communities throughout the US by community outreach and researching means of reducing the cost of healthcare.
Ascension gains our power by listening and communicating. We show it by pitching in. And we grow it by looking after one another. From our innovative spirit to the impact and influence we bring to Texas, Seton is an environment for excellence. We are changing healthcare for the better. Together.
Our core values call us to Service of the Poor: Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need. Reverence: Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life. Integrity: Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom: Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity: Courageous innovation. Dedication: Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry.
Rooted in the loving ministry of Jesus as healer, we commit ourselves to serving all persons with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable. Our Catholic health ministry is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Come join our family of change-makers. Apply now.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.