Job ID: 369730
Regional Technology Director, Clinical Informatics
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Join a team that is transforming healthcare delivery with technology!
At Ascension, we are working hard to change the way healthcare is delivered - to be more person-centric, caregiver-friendly, insight-led and digital-first. We are doing this by bringing modern architecture, design thinking, advanced analytics and automation to healthcare. In order to achieve our vision, we are in the process of building a world class technology team in an environment that inspires innovation, creativity and bold aspirations. We are looking for proven Health Information Technology (HIT) leaders and thinkers to help build and lead an extraordinary team that has the potential to change healthcare at one of the largest mission-driven healthcare institutions in the country, and set the tone for the future of the industry itself.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
Ascension is looking for leaders who have experience helping customers solve large-scale problems with technology. The Regional Technology Director, Clinical Informatics provides leadership and guidance to business and technology partners creating strategic alignment within assigned ministry and the technology requirements (requirements definition, future state workflows, clinical impact/value etc.) of the enterprise. Recommends solutions and service offerings to meet strategic market needs. Influences ministry strategy for new and existing programs and systems to align with product and service standards. Brokers prioritization and delivery commitment based on capacity and business value to the organization. Oversees activities and resources for assigned ministry and orchestrates delivery through to a high standard and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborative partner/relationship manager
- Be a consultative partner to the clinical leaders in the market on transformation of clinical patient care through the standardization and optimization of clinical processes and tools
- Partner with Quality team to develop strategies and action plans for quality improvement recommendations
- Develop roadmaps for standardized clinical content, clinical integration and person-centered care that support market initiatives
- Clinical Innovation
- Partner to bring innovative ideas and clinical findings to the forefront of patient care
- Promote new workflows, methods to improve clinical processes, efficiency and effectiveness or value delivered to customers
- Leverage data and information to inform and improve outcomes and create new knowledge to advance patient care delivery
- Clinical Transformation
- Ensure optimal benefits of system IT investments through adoption and optimization of information and technology to drive performance improvement, transformation and innovation of the care delivery process across the care continuum and the market.
- Acts as a change leader by mobilizing, partnering and organizing people and processes and facilitating change across the enterprise to design clinical systems in conjunction with business priorities
- Initiate and lead teams through change by communicating a compelling case for change
Base location: Nashville, TN
Required Travel: Moderate travel (approximately 10-20% travel)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a record of building trust-based relationships with clinical leaders, counseling them on broad ranging clinical technology-related topics
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex organizations and build consensus on priorities
- Deep, intuitive understanding of technology trends and capabilities across commercial systems, digital technologies, analytics, and design
- Ability to build clinical demand roadmaps and communicate priorities to central technology organizations
- Experience developing requirements, current and future state workflows, test plans, training programs, and implementation/ongoing adoption/optimization strategies
- Track record of successfully working with customers to implement large-scale, complex technology systems (e.g., EHR, ERP platform) within their environment, minimizing disruption to business/clinical processes and reduce variation
- Experience leading cross-functional teams including clinicians, providers, patient care staff, consumers, engineers/software developers
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.