Job ID: 366868
Certified Respiratory Therapist - FT Nights
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Position: Certified Respiratory Therapist
**May be filled at RRT level.
Department: Respiratory Therapy
Shift Details: Full-Time, Night (7p-7a; 36 hours weekly)
Location: St Vincent's Birmingham - Birmingham, AL
In Alabama, St. Vincent's Health System operates five hospitals (St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent's Chilton, St. Vincent’s East, and St. Vincent’s St. Clair) in addition to several other healthcare facilities. St. Vincent's Health System employs more than 4,800 associates and has been serving Birmingham for more than 118 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
St. Vincent’s Birmingham Hospital:
St. Vincent’s Birmingham is located downtown and it has over 400 beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are currently in a large renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent’s provides care for many patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities. Known for our Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St. Vincent’s has a strong reputation in the Birmingham as the hospital of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from any location.
We make welcoming your baby into the world a truly special experience. Known as “where babies come from,” St. Vincent’s Birmingham has a longstanding tradition of outstanding maternity services. Today, we’re once again transforming maternity care by empowering moms to make decisions about their birth experience through Monogram Maternity. St. Vincent’s Birmingham Monogram Maternity offers expectant moms a birth experience as customized as your own monogram.
At the heart of the Ortho Sports Center is our state-of-the-art surgical facility with a worldwide reputation. In these 12 operating suites – designed exclusively for orthopedic surgeries a concept pioneered by co-founder Dr. James R. Andrews. The result will be an exceptional level of patient care. Andrews Sports Medicine & Orthopedic Center has built a worldwide reputation for excellence in sports medicine, orthopedic patient care, research, education and prevention.
St. Vincent's Birmingham is one of the first community hospitals to have the da Vinci® Surgical System robot. We rank as a top five hospital in the world for the number of overall robotic prostatectomies performed. St. Vincent’s Birmingham performs several robotic procedures: cardiac, gynecologic and urologic.
St. Vincent’s Health System is the first and only health system in the nation to hold the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC)’s heart accreditations in all three areas, those include atrial fibrillation, heart failure and chest pain. St. Vincent's Cardiovascular Care Center offers a variety of services to assist patients with cardiovascular problems. These services aid in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
As a Certified Respiratory Therapist with St. Vincent's Health System-AL, you will have the opportunity to provide evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and developing a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implementing and monitoring patient care plan and equipment. Monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition. Performing advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluating respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educating the patient and family about the health condition and providing information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Assisting with care, calibration and maintenance of all equipment. Participating in maintaining departmental inventory levels for supplies and equipment. Processing equipment per established cleaning/sterilization procedures.
- Responding to emergency resuscitation team calls.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Alabama Board of Respiratory Therapy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience or
- Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.