Job ID: 366581
Cancer Tumor Registrar
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Registrar-Cancer/Tumor - Total Quality Management 001 - Full-Time,Day - HealthPark - Grand Blanc,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to maintain and analyze cancer incidence data.
- Identifies and analyzes the history, diagnosis, treatment, disease status and survival data of cancer patients treated in the organization.
- Prepares and electronically submits required reporting information to the state cancer database.
- Collects data for patient care evaluations, protocol studies and conducting audits.
- Complies with all reporting requests and requirements.
- Abstracts accurately all required cancer related information into the electronic tumor registry system.
- Coordinates and maintains the long-term follow up process of data collection and input for all tumor registry patients.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registrar specializing in Tumors credentialed from the National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) obtained within 24 Months (2 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- One year experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity