Job ID: 366526
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Phlebotomy Technician - Lab Outreach
2723 New Salem Hwy Murf - Murfreesboro, TN
PRN, Day - 8am-5pm, every other Saturday
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension’s Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000 associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Phlebotomy Technician Associate with Saint Thomas Health, you will have the opportunity to collect and process blood specimens for testing.
- Draws and collects blood samples according to policy. Verifies all related records.
- Labels, processes and delivers specimens for testing according to protocol.
- Maintains, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, instruments, and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
- Assists with coordinating and conducting blood drives, including interviewing and screening donors.
- Assists with office duties such as OP orders, answering phone, faxing, and filing.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of laboratory tests in order to convey accurate information about results and test inquiries to customers.
- Receives specimens and ascertains if specimen meets label and container requirements.
- Assesses specimen suitability for tests that are ordered per feedback from technologists and Team Leaders.
- Assesses the tests that are ordered on each specimen and makes appropriate decision on processing needs according to priority.
- Performs centrifugation of specimens under proper conditions for different types of specimens without exception. Aliquots specimens properly for delivery to different sections of the laboratory or dispatching to reference laboratories.
- Documents, completes requisitions accurately and dispatches specimens to reference labs.
- Maintains stock of processing supplies, according to established guidelines.
- Determines acceptability of insurance plans prior to order entry and refers as appropriate.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
If you’re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Need more information? Connect with me [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)