Job ID: 367253
RN Registered Nurse - Operating Room Surgical Services (Surgery)
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse - Operating Room Surgical Services (Surgery)
Dell Children's Medical Ctr - Austin,TX
Additional Job Details: Full Time M-F 0630-1500
Preferred Experience: Must have RN Operating Room/Surgery experience
Now Offering OR RN Sign-On Bonuses at Dell Children's Medical Center up to $15,000!
*Payout based on education, experience and specialty.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a member of our Dell Children's Medical Center Surgical Services OR Team, you will be collaboratively working with Board Certified Pediatric Surgical Specialists, Anesthesiologists, and other pediatric trained specialists. Dell Children's is the ONLY Level I Pediatric Trauma Center for a 46-county area in Central Texas. State of the art OR suites and equipment await your expertise including an intraoperative MRI suite. As a member of our Dell Children's Medical Center Surgical Services Cardiovascular Team, you will be collaborating with world renowned pediatric cardiovascular surgeons and team members, assisting with complex cardiac surgeries for congenital and non-congenital heart defects. Scope of practice includes skill sets for complicated cardiac repairs (i.e. Norwood, Fontan, Glenn, TAPVR, PAPVR), transplants, organ harvest, VAD and ECMO
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Participates in pre-operative assessment of the patient.
- Provides closure of the subcutaneous and skin without the surgeon’s assistance as requested. Places and sutures drains as directed. Documents experiences needed to maintain competency.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures when assisting responsibilities permit. Promotes patients/staff relationships and affects conflict resolution. Participates in development of scheduling system to assure absence of conflict. Assists with staff education activities.
- Participates in product evaluation, cost containment and ordering of supplies, organization and proper processing of supplies, instruments and equipment. Contributes to and participates in quality improvement and other appropriate committee activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be "on-call."
We provide Our Nurses:
•Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient volume, so nurses don’t get overwhelmed.
•Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines, so we can all give better care
•Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we’re implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options.
•Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support.
•Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join the team
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.