Job ID: 367376
Emergency Department Technician - ER Tech
Regular / Night
We Are Hiring
Emergency Department Tech - Emergency Department 001 - Full-Time Night, 36 Hours Weekly - Ascension Borgess Hospital - Kalamazoo, MI
Primarily 7p-7a every third weekend. Hours/shifts may be flexed to meet departmental needs.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension Borgess, you will have the opportunity to, under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physician provide direct care to patients in the Emergency Department.
- Performs urgent and emergent care procedures including EKGs, wound care, vital sign monitoring, IV initiation, phlebotomy procedures and codes.
- Monitors patient condition and performs data collection. Communicates findings and patient condition to primary Registered Nurse (RN).
- Applies, modifies and removes casts, traction appliances, and soft goods under written orders of attending physician. Assists physicians with these procedures as needed.
- Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Orders and stocks unit supplies of all types needed for patient care and locating shared equipment within the Hospital.
- Assists with the mobilization, ambulation and transport of patients.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
•BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
•Certified Tech specializing in Breath Alcohol obtained within 1 year (12 months) of hire or job transfer date required.
•Certification specializing in Crisis Prevention obtained within 3 months (90 days) of hire or job transfer date required.
Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT). One or more of the following: certified nursing assistant, certified medical assistant, or certified EMT paramedic preferred.
•Diploma High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- A minimum of six (6) months of direct patient care experience is required.
- ER/Crit experience preferred.
- Minimum of 6 months’ acute care, EMT/paramedic preferred.
- Splinting skills preferred
- Phlebotomy and UDS/BAT training preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.