Job ID: 367217
Transcriptionist - Lab Administration
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Transcriptionist - Lab Administration 002 - Part-Time,Day - Ascension St John Hospital - 34028 - Detroit,MI
Preferred M-F 230pm-730pm with every 4th Saturday. No holidays. Willing to look at other scheduling options.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension-MI, you will have the opportunity to manage the daily operations of the transcription function.
- Assesses workload daily and ensures work is distributed to meet or exceed goals for turn around times. Develops, implements and monitors system wide productivity standards.
- Develops, implements and maintains a quality program to ensure compliance with external regulatory and accreditation requirements and consistency of quality reports for internal data needs.
- Monitors the success of the quality management plan, reviews areas of risk, investigates identified issues and takes appropriate action. Reports data analysis.
- Collaboratively develops and implements standardized, system wide transcription guidelines and processes. Develops and implements training and educational programs as needed.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA).
- Clinical Documentation Prof. credentialed from the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists.
- Transcriptionist credentialed from the American Association for Medical Transcriptionists.
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.