Job ID: 362544
Therapist - Physical - Home Health - Pediatric Focus
Vestal, New York
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Therapist - Physical - HH - HCS Patient Services 001 - FT Days 8am - 4:30pm Monday -Friday - LAH Hospice - Vestal, NY
Lourdes At Home has an opening for a compassionate Physical Therapist with at least 2 years of pediatric physical therapy experience. Our Lourdes At Home Team’s goal is to help each patient live each day to its fullest, enabling them to remain in a familiar and supportive environment surrounded by people they love and possessions they cherish. Come join our team.
Why Join Ascension?
Lourdes, based in Binghamton, New York, is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities. The main hospital campus includes medical, surgical and specialty nursing units, an Ambulatory Care Center, Breast Care Center, a Regional Cancer Center and numerous specialty practices. Reaching beyond the main hospital campus, Lourdes has established a network of primary care providers at 12 convenient sites throughout the region; and the Lourdes at Home and Hospice programs which care for patients in their homes and various nursing facilities. Two mobile mammography vans, a dental van and a medical services van deliver health services out into the region, making health care more easily accessible to surrounding communities.
Lourdes is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As our Physical Therapist, you are entrusted to help lead and guide patients down the road to recovery and restored function as you work with them in their homes. Whether the patient's problem is a result of injury or disease, you foster the patient's return to maximal function, as our Physical Therapist.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care that is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the condition of the patient.
- Oversees activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License credentialed from the New York Bureau of Motor Vehicles or any other valid state drivers license obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Physical Therapy (RPT) credentialed from the New York Board of Physical Therapy obtained within 2 Weeks (14 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred.
- NY State PT License, BLS, Drivers License, car, Bachelors or higher degree in PT,.
- 2 years or more years of experience in Pediatrics is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.