Job ID: 366635
Chief Financial Officer - Oklahoma Market
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Market Chief Financial Officer - Tulsa, OK
Why Join Ascension?
What You Will Do
The In-market CFO is a Catalyst/Strategic Leader, responsible for developing new business models for current and future changes to health care economics. Keys to the success of this position will be strong strategic skills, leadership ability, and knowledge base to help 1) integrate various Ascension-wide strategies; 2) minimize impact on financial performance through understanding of the clinical processes and market shifts; and 3) develop business models for strategic opportunities including new ventures, partnerships, and continuum of care business development planning and expansion.
- Provide leadership in ensuring that Ascension lives its mission through excellent stewardship of the system’s resources.
- Serve as a member of the leadership team and participate in development of the organization's vision, policies and short/long-term objectives.
- Recommend strategies based financial, accounting and industry trends.
- Serve as liaison on financial matters among Board of Directors, executive leadership, management, financial institutions, and regulatory agencies.
- Establish measurements of productivity and assure that standards are maintained.
- Maintain a strong internal control environment.
- Provide a single, reliable source of financial data and analytics.
- Review financial information, analyze variances, recommend & implement plan of action to correct areas of concern.
- Anticipate and address financial, strategic and operational issues and opportunities.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to all leaders within the market and Ascension.
- Employ deep financial expertise to deliver service-oriented, highly responsive results and share information transparently.
- Understand the changing health care economics and needed business model changes.
- Develop business models for current and future opportunities including new ventures, partnerships, service line growth and management and capital investments.
- Understand market shifts and related physician relations dynamics.
- Develop key payer strategies and opportunities.
- Understand the business, clinical and administrative capability to deliver risk based contracts.
- Understand clinical processes, variations and impact on financial performance.
- Understand consumerism impacts from pricing and narrow networks.
- Participate in continuum of care business development planning and expansion.
- Strategically use information provided by decision support systems.
- Analyze physician alignment arrangements and associated strategic opportunities.
- Integrate various Ascension-wide strategies.
- Serve as a source of shared learning and best practices and act as a highly responsible steward of Ascension’s resources by fostering dialogue, providing the necessary analyses.
- Embrace spiritual formation for personal leadership and provide a work environment that supports spiritual and professional development of associates and team members.
- Demonstrate, and expect others to demonstrate, the personal and professional behaviors consistent with Ascension’s mission, vision, and values.
What You Will Need
- Partner and interact with operational and strategic leader
- Strategize and manage physician relations, contracts and compensation
- More productivity/cost analysis
- More quality and clinical integration
- Serve as “connector” role for various shared services
- More community and board engagement
- Build associate talent
- Develop and cultivate new payer strategies
- Provide better projections, budgets and ISOFPs
- Demonstrates Financial Acumen
- Makes Effective Decisions
- Displays strategic influence
- Leads organizational change
- Financial communication, consultation and collaboration
- Understands cause and effect of operational changes
- Project management
- Problem solving
- Understands the healthcare industry and business model
- Critical thinking, analysis and presentation of data #le@der2020
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.