Job ID: 366798
Licensed Master Plumber
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
LIC Master Plumber - Maintenance Plant 001 - Full-Time Day, 40 Hours Weekly - Ascension Borgess Hospital - Kalamazoo, MI
7am to 330pm
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to be responsible for installing and maintaining the gas, steam, water, air, heating, and waste disposal systems in the Medical Center and it's properties and ensures each system is in compliance with all requirements, codes, and regulations.
- Assists other skilled trades and general maintenance personnel as assigned. In doing so, may assist with assembly of equipment.
- Performs maintenance and repair functions. Ensures that affected department is prepared for and is minimally inconvenienced by work performed.
- Requisitions all supplies, materials necessary to complete tasks. Estimate time and material cost for plumbing projects. May use a truck or other vehicles for acquiring items.
- Performs preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis. Locates and eliminates malfunction in non routine situations.
- Repair walls where penetrations have been made to gain access or repair plumbing.
- Sign for work hours for maintenance personnel assisting with plumbing work.
- Interpret blueprints and works from sketches or verbal instructions. Assists trade personnel and contractors as necessary to coordinate repairs to plumbing.
- Act as a resource for the Medical Center. Ensures that plumbing systems are adequate for stated needs and that all codes, requirements and regulation are strictly followed. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems or issues. Pulls State Plumbing Permits for the Medical Center.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new employees. May provide structured in-services on points of particular interest or concern.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Plumber specializing in Cross Connection Control obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Master Plumber obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) required. Two (2) years post-high school education in Applied Science and Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of work experience is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.