Job ID: 366751
Clinical Documentation Specialist
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Clinical Documentation Specialist - Full-Time Days - Franklin Hospital, Franklin, WI
Work Schedule: Work hours are during 6 AM and 6 PM, Monday through Friday for on-site work only. This is NOT a remote position.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Wheaton Franciscan-WI, you will have the opportunity to facilitate improvement in overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation.
- Completes admission reviews and assigns a working Diagnosis Related Group. Ensures the working DRG and other information are entered in the Clinical Documentation Improvement database.
- Initiates and maintains extensive interactions with physicians and mid-level providers to address the need for more detailed information in the medical record.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals to ensure the severity of illness and level of services provided are accurately reflected in the medical record and to resolve physician queries and documentation issues prior to patient's discharge.
- Maintains accurate records of review activities, ensuring reports and outcomes of CDI efforts are valid.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Documentation Prof. credentialed from the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement