Job ID: 365994
Paramedic- Emergency Medical Services
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Paramedic - Full-Time, Rotating 12 hour shifts - St. Mary's Hopsital - 2251 N Shore Dr - Rhinelander, WI
$2,000 Sign on Bonus- External applicants only
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Healthcare, you will have the opportunity to provide basic and advanced life support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during air transport.
- Identifies, intervenes, and stabilizes the ill or injured patient during interfacility and intrafacility transport under the direction and in collaboration with the transport physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Initiates and implements interventions based on transport team protocols. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provides population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspects, maintains and cares for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
- Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physician provides direct care to patients in a hospital setting.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certification specializing in ER Vehicle Operation credentialed from the National Safety Council obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Must have no moving traffic violations for at least one year and no major violations (i.e., hit and run, driving while intoxicated, etc.) for at least three years.
- Licensed Paramedic credentialed from the state of Wisconsin obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Prehospital Trauma Life Support credentialed from the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
- HS or Equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited Paramedic program required Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Care or related field preferred
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement