Job ID: 366018
Clinical Pharmacist(ER), FT - Hoffman Estates
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Pharmacist-Clin Specialty - Pharmacy Services General 001 - Full-Time,Day - AMITA Health SAMC - Hoffman Estates,IL
Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity toAssures the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders in specialized areas, such as nuclear medicine, oncology, cardiology. Serves as a subject matter expert in pharmacy discipline and provides guidance across pharmacies and to clinical leadership.
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems.
- Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients. Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Oversees technical personnel who assist in the preparation, maintenance, and dispensing of medications and supplies.
- Assists with academic functions such as serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students. May float to provide coverage of pharmacy needs. Provides patient counseling when required.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Pharmacist credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy required Pharmacy residency preferred
- Completion of PGY-1, PGY-2 ER Residency, IL Pharmacist license
- Board Certification preferred
- Rotating Schedule including days, evenings, and every other weekend
Equal Employment Opportunity
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.