Job ID: 363998
Manager of Accounting
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Manager of Accounting - MSC General Accounting - Full-Time, Days - Ministry Service Center - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
The Ascension Ministry Service Center (MSC) provides business services for all of Ascension so that front-line associates can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. Some of the services include payroll, benefits, accounts payable and accounting. Over the years, the Ministry Service Center has matured into a central hub of teams providing innovative support to associates across Ascension. Teams at the MSC are often the go-to source for complex transformations, enterprise-wide projects, new services and other work that involves understanding the complexities of a large multi-state organization.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Ministry Sevice Center, you will have the opportunity to manage the day-to-day operations of assigned accounting area(s) of the organization which is to process transactions, provide analysis and reporting, and to resolve escalated issues. Ensures transactions and the organization's requests are handled in a manner that achieves the optimal balance between cost/efficiency and service delivery.
- Develops, implements and continuously improves policies, procedures, and processes, templates necessary to support operations.
- Resolves escalated or complex Associate issues that require managerial intervention or involve other process areas.
- Reports on Service Level Agreement metrics in order to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of process area.
- Emphasizes key performance indicators and metrics for general accounting.
- Ensures delivery of business results by meeting or exceeding all contractual service level agreements and managing General Accounting costs.
- Monitors regulatory environment to stay abreast of compliance requirements and to propose internal control standards.
- Manages Accounting reporting requirements of assigned area(s).
- Utilizes reporting tools to gain operational insight in order to identify and manage problems and propose resolutions.
- Completes more complex accounting responsibilities including, but not limited to, journal entries, allocations, eliminations, and consolidations.
- Works with assigned health ministries to manage their financials, hosts pre- and post-close calls, reviews and approves close results.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Public Accountant.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
The Ascension Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)