Job ID: 363374
Chaplain - Full Time
Regular / Evening
We Are Hiring
Chaplain - Pastoral Spiritual Care 001 - Full-Time, Evening - Kokomo-1907 W. Sycamore - Kokomo, IN
3:00-11:30pm Monday through Friday
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Chaplain with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide religious and spiritual care and counsel for emotional and spiritual distress to patients, their families, associates and others with attention to diverse spiritual orientations and cultures.
- Provides pastoral care to the local ministry and community through performing sacraments, rituals, blessings and liturgies.
- Participates and collaborates with others in the delivery of holistic patient care.
- Builds and maintains relationships with patients, families and associates through regular visitations and communication in order to create spiritual and religious connections.
- Mentors Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) students and fellows.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Board Certification from the APC, NACC, CASC, or NAJC (or certification obtained within 2 years of hire, risking termination if not obtained within timeframe) is required.
- Masters Degree in Divinity, Theology, or a related field from an accredited school is required 4 units of Clinical Pastoral Education accredited by the ACPE is required
- 3-5 years of healthcare experience as a chaplain is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)