Job ID: 362273
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant - Rehab Administration 002 - PRN Day - Ascension Borgess Hospital - Kalamazoo, MI.
Variable day shift with rotating weekend coverage on call.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to conduct medically prescribed occupational therapy under the supervision of an occupational therapist.
- Implements an established treatment plan using appropriate modalities. Documents findings of patient progress. Seeks consultation as necessary.
- Monitors patient's response to treatment plan. Communicates patient progress and possible goal revisions to occupational therapist.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits. Provides discharge planning assistance and information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and community support programs.
- May oversee the care provided by therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (COTA) credentialed from the Michigan Board of Occupational Therapists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Associates degree in Occupational Therapy required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.