Job ID: 358180
Accounts Payable Processor
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Accounts Payable Processor
Ministry Service Center - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
The Ascension Ministry Service Center (MSC) provides business services for all of Ascension so that front-line associates can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. Some of the services include payroll, benefits, accounts payable and accounting. Over the years, the Ministry Service Center has matured into a central hub of teams providing innovative support to associates across Ascension. Teams at the MSC are often the go-to source for complex transformations, enterprise-wide projects, new services and other work that involves understanding the complexities of a large multi-state organization.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Accounts Payable Processor with Ministry Service Center, you will have the opportunity to perform various accounts payable clerical processes and procedures.
- Prepares invoices and check requests for payments.
- Verifies amounts payable, terms and accounts to be charged.
- Reconciles all plan accountings, general ledgers, and detailed recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as a liaison between cashier and accounting department ensuring cash posted to Account Receivables matches General Ledger.
- Enters invoices and check requests for payment and determines payment method.
- Prepares check preview list for invoices and check requests and submits to management for approval.
- Generates all accounts payable checks for invoices and check requests.
- Prepares invoice and check request checks for mailing.
- Performs detailed accounting, and supports the monthly close process and administration of the investment portfolios. This includes preparation and distribution of monthly investment related reports and internal and external investment reporting daily, weekly, quarterly, and annually.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
The Ascension Ministry Service Center participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)