Job ID: 362095
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Neonatology
Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
APRN-Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - PBP Neonatology 001 - Full-Time, Day Indianapolis,IN
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension St. Vincent Women’s Hospital (Indianapolis) – Neonatal Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Ascension St. Vincent Women’s Hospital is seeking a certified Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or Neonatal Physician Assistant to join our team of Nurse Practitioners, Neonatologists, Physician Assistants, and skilled Newborn Intensive Care Nurses, who provide around-the-clock care, 24 hours a day, seven days a week for 365 days a year. This candidate will be working flexible 12 or 24-hour shifts with an every 3rd weekend commitment. We are accepting experienced candidates as well as new graduates.
Ascension St. Vincent Women's Hospital is the largest Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) in the state of Indiana and features:
Specially designed, family-centered patient care that supports the growth and development of newborns
Comprehensive neonatal services, including open-heart procedures, staffed by a full complement of pediatric subspecialists
State-of-the-art neonatal surgery suite at Ascension St. Vincent Women's Hospital
Continuing Care Nursery for babies who require close observation and monitoring but not intensive care support
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- For NPs, Nurse Practitioner specializing in Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- For NPs, Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- For PAs, one or more of the following:
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the Indiana Physician Assistant Committee obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date,
- For NPs, Master's degree of Nursing required. Must be Neonatology certified.
- For PAs, graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program
- Must have completed a post-graduate neonatology residency with certification
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)