Job ID: 362080
Emergency Medical Technician - Transport Team (EMT) - Part-Time
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - Ambulance - Part-Time Rotating - 1907 W. Sycamore - Kokomo, IN
1200-2200 2 days a week w/rotation Saturday's.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during transport.
- Arrives to the scene of an emergency, determines the situation, and develops a plan of action.
- Uses appropriate medical equipment and comprehends the severity of the injury.
- Monitors patient condition and performs data collection. Communicates findings and patient condition to primary Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists with the mobilization, ambulation and transport of patients.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Indiana Department of Homeland Security obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)