Job ID: 345898
RN Cardiovascular Pediatric ICU-PRN
Regular / Rotating
We Are Hiring
RN-Registered Nurse - Pediatric Cardiovascular ICU (CCU) - Dell Children's Medical Center, Austin TX – PRN –
Why Join Ascension?
Dell Children’s Medical Center, a Magnet designated facility, serves as Central Texas’ only comprehensive Pediatric Cardiac Care center. Our Pediatric Cardiac Care Intensive Care Unit (CCU) is a 24-bed comprehensive care unit with a state of the art facility and equipment. Our complex patient population includes infants and children, birth to 17 years of age, experiencing life threatening congenital and non-congenital cardiac anomalies and defects. This patient population may consist of children requiring cardiac repairs/procedures such as Norwood, Glenn, TAPVR, PAPVR, transplants, VAD and ECMO. We give extraordinary care provided by Board Certified Pediatric Intensivists, APRNs, RNs, Respiratory Technicians (including ECMO trained) along with support services such as Patient Care Technicians, Child Life, Chaplain Services, Social Services, and many others.
Come work with world-renowned Pediatric Surgeon Charles Fraser, Jr. MD! He is the leading role in building the Texas Center for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease, a focused pediatric and congenital heart program that will offer Central Texans care for complex cardiac conditions close to home. DCMCCT is proud to announce our fourth official designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Magnet hospital.
What You Will Do
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing .
- PALS/ACLS preferred-required upon hire.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
- Work Experience:
- Preferred 2 years Pediatric Critical Care Experience.
- Cardiovascular ICU experience Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.